I recently joined Weight Watchers for the upteenth time, but I'll blog more about that later. At the most recent meeting one of the members was asking about how others handle going out and socializing, drinking alchohol, and how the points add up when you do that. (for non WWs--points are like calories/fat/fiber all calculated to help you track what you eat and drink.)
Alcohol does pack the calories and has little if any nutritional value. Red wine is supposed to be good for you with antioxidants and so on, so here's some ideas. If you want to drink and socialize, choose a red wine spritzer and sip it slowly. Alternate between that and just sparkling water with lime, like a San Pellegrino or Perrier.
I actually gave up alcohol about 15 years ago when I was dating a guy who had an alcohol dependency problem--to show him that you can really have fun without it. And it's true--if you enjoy a few sparkling waters with lime and focus instead on just being with the people around you, really listening to what they say, enjoying their company and the conversation, and not focusing on getting a "buzz" or how wasted you're getting--you can actually enjoy a sociable outing with friends drinking little or no alcohol.
To answer your question: yes.
ReplyDelete