I've been fighting my weight most of my adult life. For many years I was just what you might call zaftig or pleasingly plump, curves in the right places and so on. But as I got older, the curves weren't so pleasing and neither was my lipid profile. Being overweight or obese (if you calculate BMI) has been hard on my joints, too.
Weight Watchers is a proven and sound program. I'd not succeeded on it in the past, though, and had a bad attitude about it. Then some colleagues where I work organized a Weight Watchers at work program, and our company even paid for part of our membership costs. I figured what the heck, I may as well try again. Because the results of my blood work last November showed my bad cholesterol to be high, my blood sugar to be high, and some other numbers that didn't look too great--both my primary care doctor and my endocrinologist were telling me I had to lose weight. Heart disease, diabetes, joint problems, thyroid problems were all looming on the horizon.
So, I started in on the program with a fresh outlook. I have to say that I am now in love with the Weight Watchers program. Their medical experts have done all of the nutritional, medical, psychological, dietary, and other research to come up with a plan that is easy to follow. I've managed to achieve a weight loss of almost 10 pounds after 5 weeks on the program, and I say "I can do this." I feel better already.
I'll blog more about this soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment